Sunday 27 November 2011

My Life In 4 Objects : Early Teenage Object

Star Wars VHS Trilogy Box Set (Special Edition, remastered)


This Star Wars Limited edition box set was bought for me by my Dad during my childhood and started off my obsession with the franchise which led into my early teenage years.This particular box set was released for the 20th anniversary of the release of 'Star Wars episode IV - A New Hope' It was the digitally remastered version which used ground breaking cinematic technologies of the time such as CGI. The box set contained the three iconic movies, 'Star Wars, 'The Empire Strikes Back' and 'The Return of The Jedi'. The set was released to build up the anticipation for the arrival of the new film 'Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace, prequel to the trilogy.   


Through my childhood I was always asking for new Star Wars merchandise, toys such as Star Wars Lego, action figures and Star Wars books and calenders. During this age my imagination was running wild and I would reinact Star Wars battles with my friends in the playground during my primary school years. It was a whole other world to escape to. By the time I got to my early teenage years I'd built up a massive Star Wars collection. The characters captured my imagination and still do, like the memorable scene where Anakin tries to convert Darth Vadar (his father) back to the light side of the force. It was an intense and action packed film and emotional at times. I remember how sad it was the first time I watched it when Vadar finally takes his helmet and admits his love for his son with his last dying breaths.

Future Portent

Star Wars definitely started my love for Sci-Fi and I will always be a fan of the films. My passion for Sci-Fi influences my current work, and will continue as I develop future projects. I'm currently looking at the work of 'Hans Giger's' who created the artwork for the Sci-Fi horror 'Alien.' Science Fiction fascinates me as it gives endless possibilities to create new worlds.


No comments:

Post a Comment